Since I have some new followers recently, I thought I’d mention and recommend my ongoing series (nine articles so far) on Progressive Language. Originally published in Fall of 2011, the topics are still as juicy and topical as ever. I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments on this topic – it’s a critical conversation as we head into the final lap for the November elections.
- The Truth Doesn’t Matter – A Series On How Progressives Can Make Better Use of Language
- Politics is (Marketing) Warfare – Jim Mintz Seems To Be The Only One Who Knows This In The Blogosphere
- “Bad Is Stronger Than Good” and Why Occupy Wall Street Is Working
- I Demand No Demands From OWS!
- Rick Perry Apparently Wants Exxon To Pay Some Taxes
- Some Bads Are More Equal Than Others – Or Why OWS Protesters Should Keep Their Clothes On
- Warning: Bad Is Stronger Than Good But It’s Terrible For Running A Country
- Why Fixing The Language of Progressive Politics Will Work, As Told By Steve Jobs
- Occupy Wall Street is Telling a Morally Compelling Story
- Lowes vs “All-American Muslims” – A Way To View The Controversy
- “Bad Is Stronger Than Good” Examples
This set of articles – which will be growing over time – is meant to form the basis for a cookbook for improving progressive political communication. (And when I say “book” I’m not speaking metaphorically. More on that over the next few weeks!)